Here you can find answers to some of the most asked questions that we receive. Click on the question to see the appropriate corresponding answer.
- How do I connect an RIBU1C?
- Why is the black wire labeled as "COM" on the primary side of your transformers?
The black wire on the primary side of the transformers is labeled "COM" because it is the common to all of the voltage inputs available in a transformer with a multi-input primary. It does not mean "neutral" or "ground".
- How do I use your dry-contact input RIB relay as a conventional (coil activated) RIB relay?
- What's the difference between an ESR2401B and an RIB2401B?
The RIB2401B is listed for use under UL916 (Energy Management Equipment) and UL864 (Control units and Accessories for Fire Alarm Systems). The ESR2401B is listed for use under UL924 (Emergency Lighting and Power Equipment).
- What contactors do you manufacture?
We no longer manufacture contactors.
- How do I connect RIB01BDC?
- What is the difference between RIBXGHTA and RIBXGTA?
Both units have SPST contacts that are activated when the load line current exceeds the current sensors threshold. However, the RIBXGH series contacts are meant to pass 120Vac at 1 Amp (maximum); while the RIBXG series contacts can be used as a dry-contact output, or can pass up to 30Vac/dc at 0.4 Amps (maximum).
- How do I interlock loads using current sensor and a RIB relay?
- How do I interlock loads with a transformer, current sensor, and a RIB relay?
- Can my RIB relay be used outside?
Our self-enclosed RIB relays can be used outside as long as they are housed in a NEMA 4 or NEMA 4X rated enclosure. A few of our models (RIBU1C, RIB2421C, RIB2401D, RIB2402D) are available in a NEMA 4X housing (add "-N4" to the end of the model name.)
- How do I find my local distributor? Can I buy direct from FDI?
You may contact us at 800-888-5538 to find out about distributors in your area, or click here to use our interactive map.
- How do I get pricing on your products?
Give us a call at 800-888-5538 and ask for our Sales Department. They can provide you with pricing and availability, as well as a list of your local distributors.
- How can I select a relay based on coil voltage and contact ratings?
Try the RIB Product Selection Guide on our website. Or, give us a call at 765-883-5538 and ask for a Technical Support Specialist.
- Do I need to apply power to RIBXGTA?
No, the RIBXGTA does not need an external power supply. It uses the current flowing through the monitored load line to derive its power.
- What is the maximum ambient temperature allowed for your RIB relay to operate?
Most of our RIB products are rated for operation from -30° F to +140° F. Please check the individual cut sheet for the model of interest.
- Do your transformers have grounded secondaries?
No, our transformer secondaries are ungrounded, isolated outputs.
- What is the policy for your one-year warranty?
- What time does your last shipping order go out?
We send out our last shipping order at 4:00 PM Eastern time.